Take legal action for an invasion of privacy or reputational harm


WARNING: If the unlawful conduct was committed by your husband, wife, or common-law partner, then please book a consultation with a family lawyer instead. The service on this page is provided by our civil litigation team. For clarity, common-law partners must have lived together for at least 3 years without a child, or at least 1 year with a child.

Has someone accessed your private information without your consent? Or did someone betray your trust by sharing information (or pictures/videos) that expected them to keep private? Perhaps someone is misrepresenting you and harming your reputation in a public way.

Watch the video on this page to learn more about how our lawyers can help you protect and repair your reputation, and seek accountability for invasions of your privacy.


Our lawyers charge hourly fees for this type of service. The hourly rate depends on the seniority of the lawyer assigned to the case. A non-refundable consultation fee is charged for your initial consultation, and retainer fees start at $5,000+HST. Court fees and other out-of-pocket expenses are additional.

Related services

Get an employee termination letter from an employment lawyer in Ontario

$549 + HST

Collect an unpaid debt in Ontario (over $35k)

$149 + HST

Collect an unpaid debt in Ontario (under $35k)

$49 + HST

Commercial landlord & tenant dispute

$149 + HST

Sue a builder regarding a pre-construction dispute

$149 + HST

Hire a paralegal for Small Claims Court in Ontario

$49 + HST