Consultation with a licensed paralegal


A paralegal can represent clients in the following places:

  • Small Claims Court (less than $35,000 in dispute)
  • Traffic Court
  • Landlord & Tenant Board (residential only) [no maximum monetary limit]
  • Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario [no maximum monetary limit]
  • Criminal court (summary offences only)

Paralegals generally cannot represent clients in the following situations:

  • Civil lawsuits involving more than $35,000
  • Commercial landlord & tenant issues
  • Family law
  • Estate planning, estate administration, and estate disputes
  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Real estate closings
  • Paralegals also cannot accept legal aid certificates

Related services

Hire a paralegal for Small Claims Court in Ontario

$49 + HST

Dispute a municipal by-law charge relating to noise, animals, or garbage

$49 + HST

Dispute a traffic ticket in the Greater Toronto Area

$49 + HST

Get a liquor license in Ontario

$49 + HST

Residential Landlord & Tenant Dispute

$49 + HST